Sunday 12 September 2010

Spring cleaning!


Yesterday I had a day off with my husband and guess what we ended up doing? Spring-cleaning of my office! or should I say Autumn cleaning due to the season. We cleaned all right and it was needed it wasn’t my initial intention when I started I only planned to do some dusting... then one thing led to another.
In my office I have loads of boxes and even two spare Hästens beds stacked against one wall. I have had them all there for 2 years now and learned to live with it. The building quality in Egypt are not great so we do get a lot of sand into the house through the windows even though I have taped over most of them. So I wanted to get all that sand that had accumulated while we were on holiday cleaned up and in order to do that I needed to move a few boxes and before I knew it I was surrounded with boxes up to my elbows and my husband walks in thinking it is a great idea to move all the boxes and give it a thorough clean behind them. Which in hind sight it was I had to take away a few spider webs and lots of dust not so nice but I am glad that I at least now breathe in non dusty air for a while. When we were up in the middle of everything and it all looked like there was no end to the mess I was thinking of you guys and that I wanted to take a picture to show you our progress but I could honestly not find my camera at that point of time so there are no images for me to show you I am afraid. I love how it all turned out, we re-arranged the way the boxes were placed, now they take less space since we boxed them higher than before we now did it all the way up to the ceiling. I can now even take a few dance steps if I would feel the urge in between my photo editing. Might do me some good so that I wont get too stiff? So maybe not such a relaxing day off but very constructive!
What do you do on your day off?
Tomorrow it is my Birthday and I am planning to take the afternoon off to celebrate myself :-) I think I will go kayaking on the Red Sea it was a long time since I did it last and I really enjoy it. I might also take my husband out in one of them tandem boats where you both pedal. Not sure of their name unless it’s a tandem boat maybe?
Take care for now.
Cheers,
Helen.

No comments: