Tuesday 4 January 2011

Great Image - If only the subject had been slightly more to the...

Have you ever had those photography moments when you later look at the image and you think if only... I had done that or if the subject had moved this way or that?
I am now looking at the images I took while visiting Petra in Jordan last friday and I have one of them moments now. I actually saw it already in the camera at the time but the moment had gone and was not to come back! So I missed it.
What happened was, I heard a horse galloping down the road towards me I was standing looking at one of the Tombs outside the Petra entrance. The road where the horse came charging down on goes straight infront of the tomb so I quickly tired to get my camera ready (I had put my camera away since we were on our way back and I thought I was finished photographing how wrong was I!) I was as quick as I possibly could have been and pressed the shutter at the moment of when the horse was in my frame in front of the tomb. I got the horse in the frame as I wanted but I did not get all of its legs in. Very annoying to me I so wish I had the whole horse in the frame. But there was no due over, the horse was gone in a few seconds an no other came galloping through well that is not tottaly true I did manage to capture another horse with a tourist on going the other way but it was nothing near a gallop more of a trot if anything so not exactly the same effect as my first image I think anyway. What do you think?

No comments: